He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything.
~ Arabian proverb
As busy women we have a million reasons to NOT take a minute for ourselves, let alone a whole weekend getaway. We have family to protect and care for, businesses to drive forward and lives to show up for. Vacations are often times expensive, inconvenient and contain variables out of our control. At a retreat you probably won’t know anyone else, you’re taking time away from other priorities and in reality – change is scary. Are you willing to open that box? Take the first step towards accountability and responsibility? If your answer is yes – read on.
Most of your reasons “not to” are the exact reasons you SHOULD attend a retreat. When you commit to an experience – with time or finances you’re more likely to elicit the changes you require. That’s exactly the results we see in our clients. Retreats are different from vacations – they are organized, you can actually relax instead of having to plan activities and you typically leave with more than you brought.
Here are my Top 5 Reasons you should consider a Women’s Retreat.
- We all Need to Unplug – Can you imagine a weekend away from responsibilities?? No making dinner, no laundry, no answering client emails. A study in the Applied Cognitive Psychology Journal demonstrated that changing environment improves memory. Having the opportunity to change your surroundings and attend a retreat with allow you to better absorb the information provided. Enjoy food made with love by someone else, be pampered!
- Learn instead of Lead – Be exposed to what works for others. Deepen your knowledge of the topics covered, learn others’ interpretation. It’s amazing how you can hear the same information a million times but when you’re ready to listen it finally sinks in. I’m often asked how I balance it all so we’ll teach real life implementation of some necessary self care techniques.
- Connect with Yourself – When was the last time you took time out for yourself? Refill your vessel. Remember who you are outside of the labels of friend, boss, mother, daughter, partner. Who are YOU really? Who do you want to be? Are there characteristics of your personallity that you miss? Are there others you’d like to eliminate? You may learn something new about yourself.
- Find your Tribe – Women are more empathetic and can relate to your struggles. Allow yourself to be taken care of, looked after and nourished. Make life long friends and accountability partners. Who knows what will pop up in those brief 15 minute chats between activities – love, loss, struggle, accomplishment. We all have them – when was the last time you honestly shared that with someone?
- You will leave Energized, Empowered and Enthusiastic for Change. – The experience will provide life long benefits from a new way of learning. You may receive one tool that creates the change you, your family or your business needed at this exact moment. Do you find yourself just floating along – this year the same as last? Do you yearn for a change, a new outlook or simply an expanded version of you?
We have four spots left in our next retreat in Lake Como, Wisconsin this October. Trusting Your Gut is our topic. We’ll learn about how different aspects of life impact your gut health and how your gut health impacts EVERY area of your health and life.
We will enjoy restorative treatments including massage, acupuncture and yoga. A private chef will provide healthy meals throughout the weekend and teach us how to nourish ourselves and our families. Click here for full details.
Whether you choose to join us in October, attend a yoga retreat in Bali or just escape to Canyon Ranch we hope you’ll find time in the next 12 months to attend a Women’s retreat. You’ll thank you for it!!