- High-Concentration Vitamin C Formula
- Buffered with Minerals to Prevent Potential Stomach Upset
- Boosts Immune System Function and Antioxidant Reserve
- Helps Combat Free Radical Damage
- Promotes a Healthy Cycle of Inflammation
- Promotes Collagen Formation to Maintain Healthy Ligaments, Tendons, and Joints
Vitamin C’s role in immune enhancement has been strongly evidenced in supplementation research to increase natural killer cell activity, lymphocyte proliferation and immune balance. Vitamin C is also a potent antioxidant, acting to neutralize free radical damage to cells, including DNA, lipids and proteins. As a free radical neutralizing agent, vitamin C readily donates electrons to unstable molecules and breaks the chain of free radical damage to cells and tissues. Vitamin C is also involved in the synthesis of collagen, carnitine and neurotransmitters. The vitamin is considered essential to humans, and while most mammals are able to synthesize vitamin C, humans cannot. As a result, exposure to smoke, pollution, radiation, heavy metal exposure and high-stress lifestyles all increase the body’s requirement for vitamin C.
Vitamin C capsules are balanced with calcium, magnesium and potassium to gently deliver high-concentration vitamin C to reduce the potential of gastrointestinal upset.