For many people the word detox sounds scary, depriving and unnecessary. The reality is we are inundated with toxins on a daily basis and they are wreaking havoc on our systems. Every second of every day our bodies work on eliminating toxins that we are exposed to and it is extremely effective in doing so. Problems arise when we overload the system.
We eat chemically laden, processed foods. We use products in our homes and on our bodies which contain plenty of toxins. We breathe in toxins, and follow it up with our alcoholic beverage of choice at night. All of these items independently of each other won’t cause a system crash, but when you combine them, over the months and years, your body is crying for help.
Many symptoms that are considered common or normal most likely are signs of toxic overload. Headaches, fatigue, brain fog, gas, bloating, pain and even difficulty losing weight may all be due to an inability to detox properly.
This may all sound daunting, but there is a solution to help get your body back on track. Check out our 5 reasons why you should detox, and information on how to detox!
5 REASONS YOU SHOULD DETOX
- CLEAR HEAD, IMPROVED MOOD
- If you are feeling bogged down with brain fog, not thinking straight and feeling downright moody, it’s time for a detox. Following a detox you should notice you just feel better. You wake up with a clear head and better mood.
- LOSE WEIGHT
- Toxins cause us to hold on to unwanted pounds, and especially bloat. Although weight loss is not always the primary reason to detox, it is an added positive side effect. Detoxing helps balance blood sugar and decrease inflammation which will help decrease belly bloat and should improve how your body breaks down food (as long as you behave post detox, and don’t run to the nearest fast food joint!).
- BETTER SLEEP
- Sugar and caffeine not only contribute to blood sugar spikes and dips, but in turn cause restless nights. Following a detox many people see improvement in falling asleep as well as staying asleep. Who couldn’t use a few more Zzzzz’s.
- Yes, I mean bowel movements. You need to be regular in order to flush the toxins out, otherwise they just build up in your system. Cutting out toxic and inflammatory foods usually means increasing fibrous and nutritious ones. Increasing your water as well as fiber will help clean those pipes right out!
- MORE ENERGY
- Toxic overload will have you feeling bogged down. This doesn’t just drag down your mood, but your energy as well. Improving the way your body detoxes by cutting down on the amount of daily exposure will improve your energy naturally. Caffeine actually decreases insulin sensitivity AND increases your stress hormones. All of which will affect reasons to detox number 1 through 5!
Now that you know why you should detox, it’s time to learn how! The best advice is to start slow. Take inventory of your home, including personal and home products as well as food. Can you start to make changes to some of those items? Increase your water intake to half your body weight in ounces and shop the perimeter of the store. All of these things will start to give your body the ability to detox more efficiently.
If you need more structure, and want to learn more, join us for a group detox and learn all about detoxing on Wednesday September 25, 2019. If you think you are ready to dive in, and join us for a 6-day detox, call the office to pre-order your detox kit today! Orders must be in by September 13th for pickup on the 25th.