Cold weather equal warm drinks! Now that fall is upon us seasonal drinks have emerged from hibernation and we cannot be more excited! With so many coffee drinks to choose from we like to shed some much-deserved light on our other fall favorite beverage- TEA!
Did you know that tea is the second most widely consumed beverage in the world, after water! Not only are there so many different types to choose from, tea can have some amazing health benefits!
Here’s some great facts that might have you second guessing your regular coffee order.
- Tea, especially green tea, has an abundance of antioxidants called polyphenols that help fight disease
- Research shows that tea can reduce risk of heart disease and even aid in Alzheimer’s Disease and Cancer prevention
- Peppermint tea is believed to help combat stress and aid in digestion
- Scientist have claimed that drinking chamomile tea could help control diabetes and can also be used for a great skin care treatment
- Regularly consuming green or oolong tea has been shown to lower the risk of developing hypertension by 46%
- Per researchers, people who drink three or more cups of black tea daily cut their risk of stroke by 21%
- Herbal Tea, which is not tea but something called Tisanes, are mostly caffeine free and have multiple health benefits
Though most research on tea is highly positive, it’s not all definitive. All tea drinks are not created equal. The body’s access to the good stuff in tea might be determined by the tea variety, canning and processing, and the way it was brewed, so make sure you’re doing your research!
What are you waiting for? Next time try ditching the soda and coffee, and try out these natural and healthy teas to improve your health and quench your thirst!