After deciding that Chiropractic care is right for you take a few minutes to research your options. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics there are currently almost 30,000 Chiropractors in practice in the United States. Not only will their chiropractic education vary slightly since there are 17 different schools to choose from; but their post graduate classes and even pre-chiropractic experience will differ greatly. Do your due diligence in finding not only an office but physician that you synchronize with. There are four areas that I recommend investigating prior to making an appointment or committing to care.
- Do they have a facebook page? How many likes, comments, interactions do they have?
- Do they have a website? Is it current? Are there client testimonials? A virtual tour?
- How are their Yelp reviews? Do they interact with clients? Address problem or less than perfect reviews?
Stop by the office before scheduling an appointment.
- Are you comfortable in the office?
- Is the staff friendly?
- Do they offer the services you are looking for?
- How long has the doctor been in practice?
- What do they specialize in?
- Can you speak with the doctor or receive a complimentary consultation?
- Was a thorough examination completed?
- Were recommendations for treatment explained?
- Are your goals in line with those of the practice?
We spend considerable time researching where to get a haircut, have a manicure and even where to eat dinner. Why not dedicate that same leg work to your physicians? Find someone you like, trust and enjoy being around! A chiropractor is a fantastic addition to your wellness arsenal. And remember: “Going to the Chiropractor only for pain is like walking into Starbucks and ordering black coffee”.Tags: How To